Table of Contents
GOLFERS can be dismayed on the information that every one golf programs can be compelled to shut throughout the third nationwide lockdown in England.
Boris Johnson announced last night (Monday, January 4) that every one sports activities and outside actions would cease in a bid to cease rising Covid infections brought on by the brand new mutant pressure.
⚠️ Learn our coronavirus live blog for the most recent information & updates
A golfer performs the primary gap whereas sporting a face masks at West Essex Golf CourseCredit score: Getty Pictures – Getty
Will golf programs have to shut below lockdown 3?
Sure – golf programs needed to shut on Tuesday, January 5 below the Authorities’s strict new third lockdown.
The new lockdown will final for no less than one other six weeks.
Golfers had hoped that England would observe Scotland’s lead, the place programs have remained open regardless of the nation getting into its personal lockdown.
Golf programs had already closed in each Wales and Eire following an increase in coronavirus instancesCredit score: Andrew Barr – The Solar Glasgow
Nonetheless, golf programs in England had been advised to close as a part of a wave of strict new measures following an increase in Covid instances because of the brand new mutant pressure.
The brand new lockdown guidelines state that outside train is permitted, however solely with a member of your family, assist bubble or one different individual.
However all indoor and outside sports activities amenities – which incorporates golf programs and driving ranges – is not going to be allowed to remain open throughout lockdown 3.
Golf programs additionally needed to shut throughout the first lockdown firstly of final 12 months and November’s second lockdown.
In an announcement, England Golf stated: “England Golf – as a part of the All-Social gathering Parliamentary Group for Golf together with different main business our bodies – is extraordinarily upset with the information, having made a robust case in latest months to maintain golf open throughout the nationwide lockdowns and within the regional tier system.
“It’s with nice remorse that we share this information with you, however please be assured that we’ll proceed to make the case for golf to reopen every time potential.”
When will golf programs reopen within the UK?
At current there isn’t a official date for the reopening of golf programs.
Nonetheless, the following Covid evaluation is predicted to be round January 13.
What are the brand new golf course guidelines within the UK?
A brand new checklist of strict protocols designed to scale back the danger of contracting or spreading the coronavirus are in place when golf programs reopen.
The R&A – golf’s governing physique – together with different main golf organisations and golf equipment have laid out a collection of recent guidelines for teeing off.
- Social distancing should be strictly adhered to always
- People can play golf on their very own, or two individuals from completely different households can play golf collectively
- Households of as much as 4 individuals can play golf on the discretion of the golf equipment
- You’ll probably should guide tee time on-line
- Ten minute spacing is predicted between teams and people on the course
- Membership homes are anticipated to stay closed – so you’ll have to turn into your golf sneakers earlier than arriving on the course
- Folks ought to carry their very own carts, and buggies are more likely to be unavailable
- Don’t share gear comparable to rangefinders or golf golf equipment
- Solely contact your individual ball
- The wrong way up flagstick cups will enable golfers to retrieve their balls with out touching the flag
- Rakes, ball washers and different course furnishings can be eliminated
- It is best to clean sand in bunkers along with your ft
- Don’t shake arms earlier than or after the sport